Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pink ...

So, pink finally took over our son's life today!

First, Skyler and Ava had a play date this evening. Kat was prepared with two tutu's and two pairs of heels (after a breakdown by Skyler last time princess dress up took place). This is the pair of them after their make over ... (it's ok because he is wearing a football shirt .... RIGHT?!)



After playing in the mud, both kids got to jump in the pool to clean off. When Patty tried to dry him off with the blue towel, he got upset. She then offered him the red towel ... still no luck. Finally he said, "I want the pink one!" LOL ... we were rolling on the ground.

On the drive home, Skyler informed me that Ava was blue. When I asked him what color he was, he said, "Skyler is pink!" He continued to remind me that he was pink all the way home. It was toooooo cute.

Side story ... On the same drive home, I told Skyler that Mommmy was blue. He seemed to be ok with that. Daddy told Skyler that he was orange, and he was ok with that. When I told Skyler that Patty was purple, he shouted at me, "no, Patty is orange." I had to call Patty and tell her what Skyler thought. Patty, being the purple lover that she is, politely corrected Skyler and told him that she was purple. Skyler shouted over the phone ... "NO! You are ORANGE." After much convincing on his behalf, she finally concurred that she was orange. Skyler shouted for joy about this reply and said "YAY! I did it!" I would LOVE to know what is going on inside of this child's head sometimes :)

At bed time, Skyler brought pink foofa into the bed with him (thank you Brie for the pink stuffed animal)!

All I can say is, it is great to see your child be passionate about something, even if it is pink. He is soooo cute and confident when he gets excited about something that he is passionate about! All this pink talk reminds me of the stories I have heard about Brendan when he was a little boy. I have been told that Brendan's favorite color was pink when he was a toddler ... that is until the first day of Kindergarten (peers can be so cruel)! I know I have said this a million times, but here goes one million and one ... More and More like his father every day!

4 comments:

tessa said...

We used to always fight over the pink sparkly belt until he started kindergarten and switched to orange :)

Terri said...

Brendan did indeed think PINK was such a beautiful color and it was sooo sad when Brendan learned at school that he couldn't like pink because he was a boy. (Hey Bren - did you ever go back to thinking that pink was a beautiful color?)

Brie said...

LOL, Terri! So Skyler comes by it honestly!!!

Brendan and Allyson said...

Ally tries to get me to wear pink ties all the time. But alas, no luck ... kindergarten hit me hard!