Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Stick!

While we were driving home from my mom's house yesterday, Skyler was being extra special - Brie knows what I am talking about! There was lots of screaming and crying - mostly because Mommy told him that he could not go swimming. When we got to the house, he found an extra large stick in the yard (I'm talking larger then he is stick). I let him take it inside, mostly because I was willing to do anything to get him to stop screaming at me (I know, that's bad!). When Daddy got home, I was still on the phone with Brie and I was not really paying too much attention to the background noises from the living room. All of a sudden, Skyler ran up to me, crying hysterically, with that look of "rescue me Mommy". He then told me that Daddy had taken away his stick. Mommy, kicking it into rescue mode, looked at Brendan and curtly asked him if he had taken my innocent, sweet, little baby's stick. Brendan looked back at me, rolled his eyes, and replied "Yes! After he struck me with it." How the tables had turned. I looked back at Skyler (who looked like he had been caught) and had to remind him that it is not nice to hit people. After our nice talk, Skyler and Daddy went outside and played with the stick the way it was meant to be played with. When Skyler got back inside, he ran over to me and said (very proudly I might add) "Mommy! I played with the stick outside! With DADDY!!!!"

The stick has become a big deal to Skyler. It has never re-entered the house, but everytime we leave the house or let Jack outside, we have to check on it. We are also starting a rather large stick collection by the front door. We are ALL boy in this house!!

I will try to post a picture of Skyler and his new best friend when he wakes up.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I see a future baseball player in the making - doesn't take long to figure out that sticks can hit balls instead of people! I just love reading all about Skyler's little antics!