Sunday, July 13, 2008

Skyler's Best Friend!

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that my son's best friend is a dog, but who am I to interfere with it. Skyler has liked Bauer ever since he was able to really start observing his environment. He always smiles when he see him and if he can hear Bauer's collar then he starts looking around for him. It has come to the point that I now use Bauer when Skyler is crying or upset. I just call Bauer into the room and Skyler will stop what he is doing and give Bauer one of those killer smiles :) The funny part is (although Skyler has gotten better at this over time) that Skyler cannot track him as fast as he moves. So, sometimes he will be watching him and then look up at me and smile and then look back at Bauer, only to find that the dog is gone. He just looks around for him with a perplexed face!

Here are some pictures of the boys together -



The really funny part is the recent turn of events. Now I described how much Skyler loved Bauer, but I'm not sure that Bauer ever really returned the affection .... Until recently. Since Skyler has been more mobile and playful, Bauer has been coming up to him more and trying to kiss him. The other day I was trying to get a video of Skyler with the new blanket that Aunt Arnon made him and this is what happened.



This is the first time that Bauer has actually tried to interact with Skyler! Now we have to watch like hawks to make sure that the toys that Skyler chews on are not Bauer's toys!!!

No comments: