Sunday, May 11, 2008

Skyler's Cold

This Wednesday Skyler was sick. We put him down to bed like usual, and then he woke up screaming in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep. Of course on the night that I need my thermometer I couldn't find it!! My heart was hurting to hear him screaming like that :( Finally around 5 am Brendan gave him a Priesthood Blessing and Skyler fell asleep immediately. The next morning I took him to the doctor and the doctor confirmed that he had his first cold. No fever, but he was suffering from the three C's - congestion, cough and crankiness. The doctor told us to watch the cold and come back if he developed a fever or severe fussiness. I looked at the doctor as he started to leave the room and thought .... "Isn't there some kind of something that I can give him to make him happier?" The doctor then told me that I could use saline drops and the bulb syringe ... I thought maybe if I want to hear him scream louder! So over the last few days Skyler has been under the weather :( Unfortunately he had to get the first cold while all the company was here! He has been a real trooper, with little to no fuss after the first few days of the cold. He even gave the photographer smiles when he had his pictures taken! Sorry there are no picture for this one, but I thought I would save you from having to see a sad looking baby!

No comments: