Friday, February 05, 2010

John Mayer

For my birthday this year, Brendan secured us tickets to the John Mayer concert 2/5/10! To start the night we went to Gallagher’s Steak House in Channelside. We had ribeye and some yummy extras. Then it was too the concert (which is only a short walk from Channelside). It was awesome. The guest singer was Michael Franti and Spearhead … one of my faves as well! Michael Franti came into the crowd and was only a few feet from me. That is him with the big sock like thing on his head (I know it is is a bit blurry - I forgot my camera, so these are all from my phone) dancing through the audience …

IMG00018-20100205-2041

We were super close and John Mayer was signing super great!

IMG00037-20100205-2256

After a stellar performance for over 3 hours (who knew concerts lasted so long) the crowd cheered him on for an encore performance.

IMG00032-20100205-2150

After the concert we walked back to Channelside for some Coldstone icecream … YUMMY!

By the time we got home it was after 12am – a long night for a concert that started at 8pm! I wish I could say it was a relaxing rest of the weekend, but fair on Saturday and Superbowl on Sunday!

No comments: