Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Blind Side


My most recent assignment in school was to complete a two-three page review for 40 different reference tools. This post is a way for me to let you know about something I love, while also pretending that I am actually doing school work!

Brendan and I saw the Blind Side on his birthday and LOVED it. I loved it so much that I was at the store on the 23rd (its release date) purchasing it!!! We haven't purchased a movie in a long time, so this is a big deal.

This movie is very touching and not for the faint of heart. The movie is based on a real story and has a sort of Cinderella feel to it. The movie tells the story of how a privileged family helps a disadvantaged youth. The assistance that this family provides is heart warming and uplifting. Sandra Bullock (lead actress)takes an extremely disadvantaged and homeless youth (Quinton Aaron) into her home. Sandra Bullock disregards the social risk of allowing a troubled African-American youth move into her home. The movie, while remaining concise, is able to portray the deep thoughts and emotions that the characters (even those that only have a few moments of air time) feel about the peculiar situation that Aaron presents. This movie is uniquely uplifting and leaves you feeling hopeful about the world. Bullock fully deserved her Academy Award for this movie!

I clearly feel everyone should see it at least once :) In my opinion there should be more movies like this.

3 comments:

tessa said...

You've convinced me I need to get out and see it. I've heard such good things. Now I just need to find the time...

Don said...

I totally agree. Loved the movie and thought Bullock's performance was what academy awards were designed for!

Terri said...

Afterwards, I watched interviews and read about the REAL Touhey family and they were amazing - the movie told their story like it really was. A great movie about a great family! (who would have thought that Sandra Bullock could pull off blonde and look good but she did!)