Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lesson on Manners ...

We have been trying to expose our little guy to some politeness/etiquette. On the docket this week is compassion. He really loves when Mommy gives a boo boo a kiss all better. Recently this has become an all the time occurence. He has been looking for any reason for Mommy to give some extra love (and to be honest I love the attention he gives me)! We thought we would spice up the request for love by teaching him that he could give some boo boo kisses too. On Sunday night we were at my mom's house for dinner, where his Aunt's and Uncle really played this up ... EVERYONE had a boo boo for Skyler to kiss! Apparently he did not want the attention to end!!!!When we were doing prayer time before bed, he went up to Daddy and hit him. After hitting Daddy on the arm, he said "Daddy you ok? It's Ok I kiss it better!" and leaned over giving Daddy a kiss where he had been hit. Being a wise mom, I decided I better not show how intensely I was laughing inside (especially for the sake of his friends at school). THEN .... he came over and did the same thing to me. I could not hold it in anymore! I was rolling on the floor laughing and Skyler ate it up :) Of course, now we are dealing with the etiquette of not hitting other people ... It is never ending with toddlers :) As long as I get funny stories like these to blog about, I am definitely ok with new lessons!!!

Although I do not have video footage, I do have this cute picture that was taken at Disney recently:

2 comments:

Terri said...

I laughed soooo hard (and I wasn't even there!) when you described Skyler hitting Brendan and then giving his Daddy a kiss for his boo boo! Little kids are soo smart at reasoning things out - of course Daddy needed a sore spot before he could give him a kiss better. Soooo funny!

tessa said...

Steve and I laughing!