Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flavored Prescriptions ...

One of the last times I was at the pharmacy, I was intrigued by the flavors that can be added to prescriptions. Since Skyler has been on so many meds recently, he has been refusing to take anything that is in an alligator spoon, syringe, or plastic cup. It is definitely a two person job to get him to take it, and most days it ends up all over him, me and sometimes even my face (spitting is such a disgusting habit)! Hence why I was intrigued by the flavored add ons ...
After discussing this with the pharmacist, who was sure it would help, I walked out of the pharmacy with with my strawberry flavored Omnicef and a feeling of accomplishment.

BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY !!! The only thing it did was make it taste better for me when it came flying back into my face!

The next week when I went to get the Augmentin filled the pharmacist asked if I wanted to add flavoring to it. I gave an emphatic "no" response and she looked at me shocked! I'll save the buck for something crafty :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Projectile spitting - never fun for parents even if it is flavored!