Monday, March 01, 2010

Another Sick Day!

Skyler woke up in throw up today ... the poor guy! He apparently caught a stomach bug and has been throwing up all day! Brendan is in Jax and I am with sick baby again ... have I ever told anyone how much I HATE vomit (My gag reflex can't handle it). It took me three rounds of throw up to realize that cleaning it off of the wood floors downstairs was easier the cleaning it off of my bedroom carpet. I bleached the toys and the bathtub, I antibacterial scrubbed the toys that could not be bleached, I scrubbed the carpet clean (with oxyclean), and I have done four loads of laundry ... with the promise of more to come. Boy does my house look and smell clean !!! I just keep thinking of how far behind I have gotten in my school work since Skyler's sick spell started in January. Most of all ... poor Skyler is still not feeling better. I called in the reserves and my mom got here with gatorade, saltines, oxiclean for Skyler and McDonald's for us. On top of the anitbiotics Skyler is taking for the eye, ear, and sinus infection, he is now on a crackers and gatorade diet!!! Of course, Brendan and I have already started to feel the bug set in (McDonald's might not have been such a good idea :( Brendan is in Jax taking depos all day (at least I am at home)! Pajama Party Time!!!




To top off the great day we are having, I had to get one of the cars towed to the shop because it won't start. Thank heavens it's still under warranty. Skyler watched as the car was put on the tow bed and started crying and screaming ... "my car, my car!" I thought he would like the tow truck, seeing how he is a boy and all, but I guess not!!!!

We have settled down now and Skyler is taking a nap. Hopefully we will all be feeling better by Thursday so we can celebrate Brendan's birthday in style.

4 comments:

Brie said...

DUDE! I guess that was sympathy vomit I was having this morning for Skyler(or you know, being pregnant). I guess I'm glad Kayden didnt go to our ward yesterday. I am so sorry you guys are all sick. See if you can give him Zofran, it works wonders on kiddos too. Call me if I can do anything.

tessa said...

Throw up is the worst when they don't know what to do and get it everywhere. We were at the temple and put you guys on the prayer roll. Feel better soon. Hope you big ones avoid it. On a happier note we got the nicest thank you card and drawing today in the mail. Tell Sick Skyler thanks a bunch. Love, Watsons

Terri said...

Skyler even looks soooo cute when he is sick! It was really fun today hearing IN PERSON all the excitement at your place - birthday plans sound fun and hope that all are well and healthy for Bren's B-Day tomorrow. Give the Birthday guy an extra hug from me!

Kirsti said...

Poor Poor Skyler. I hope he feels better soon and that Brendan and you don`t get it.

Happy Birthday Brendan ( sorry it`s late ) We hope you were able to celebrate.